Loss Prevention, Site Selection, Employee Safety and Security Staffing
Research has shown that criminal activity can shift in ways that resemble infectious diseases1. In order to gain a true measure of potential crime risk, organizations need objective, consistent and granular crime data.
Location, Inc.’s SecurityGauge® brings strategic planning power to retail loss prevention with a predictive accuracy consistently exceeding 92%. Utilizing data collected from over 18,000 U.S agencies and built upon over a decade of research by our PhDs, SecurityGauge® analytics provide the nation’s most granular (33 ft.) assessment of intelligent crime risk information.
Real World Applications
- Retail Site Selection
- Issue: Retailer looking to move a store to a new location with a better lease and higher traffic.
- Benefit: Due to 33 ft. resolution of SecurityGauge® analytics, artificial boundaries are dissolved and subtle changes in crime risk are identified even though the new location is only a few blocks away.
- Result: In this instance, the retailer uncovered a high risk crime area within close proximity to the proposed location and used this information to justify additional security resources in the budget.
- Loss Prevention Allocation
- Issue: Retailer looking to strategically allocate loss prevention resources across its stores nationwide.
- Benefit: SecurityGauge® crime risk scores are used to help retailer objectively assess the relationship between crime risk and shrink.
- Result: Retailer uses crime risk classification system based on SecurityGauge® scores to determine which stores to monitor with local loss prevention resources versus more expensive corporate loss prevention resources.
- Employee Safety
- Issue: Retailer wanted to extend store hours later into the evening but needed to ensure employee safety.
- Benefit: SecurityGauge® crime risk scores were used to identify high risk store locations.
- Result: Appended crime risk scores to all store locations in Excel batch mode, then worked with retailer to establish a risk rating threshold to strategically increase staffing in select locations.
- Security Staffing
- Issue: Retailer was looking to justify deploying security guards in certain high risk stores to further fortify the location and reduce shrink.
- Benefit: SecurityGauge® crime reports were used to identify the best store candidates for security guards and provided management with crime trends to justify the expense.
- Result: Retailer was able to get budget approval and deploy guards with a higher level of confidence in select locations.
To see what SecurityGauge® can do for you, ask about our complimentary analysis* today.
*Must be a retail professional to take advantage of this offer.